Saturday, May 28, 2005

mixed results

Finally got another W in a Bugsy's Super sat, but got unlucky in a Stars tourney, then ventured back into the cash games at FT and dropped some.

While the table was full, I was doing well. I laid down big hands a few times, probably the winners, but what rewarded when someone tried to do it when I had the nuts. Oops. In the end, I ran into an overpair with top pair on the board at a shorthanded game, and the pot had gotten so big that I had to call the rest of my chips in a desperate attempt to chase it down.

Why yes, even shorthanded, KJ is the Spawn.

I feel I played well, but I wasn't really in the cash game mindframe, I don't think, and the game got shorthanded right quick. I still should have recognized that this player had me beat before I made the pot even bigger and had to send good money on a mission to recover the bad.

Oh well, this is why I tried to avoid the cash games. For whatever reason, my skill in them comes and goes, while I think I'm awfully consistent at SnGs and tournaments. I wonder how I can work on my consistency in cash games, and how I can work on my overall skill there. It's clearly a different game from tournaments and SnGs. I could just accept the fact that I'm not as good there, but a better idea is to try to make myself better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home