Monday, May 23, 2005

Good Run Continues!

I LOVE it when the titles of my posts are happy and positive! That means I'm happy and positive, and it usually means I have had good results! Which I have! Exclamation points! They're happy and positive, too!

I forgot to mention that I asked if I could keep my one chip yesterday. They told me not at the moment due to their continued satellites, but if I asked them again next Sunday, they should be able to. If I have a very good finish (i.e. win), that will DEFINITELY be done. I'd pay a healthy ransom for that one chip - even if it's not THE same chip. Probably frame it or something. Wonder what Strauss did with his chip in 1982.

Anyway, I've continued my superb run at the SnGs, getting my 5th straight money (4 at Stars $30/3, one at FT), though 3 have been seconds, one first and one 2 way chop.) I'm up a little over $300 at Stars since I began doing the $30/3 SnGs exclusively. Not bad for a week and a half's worth of work.

Tonight I won my way into the Saturday WSOP tourney on Bugsy's. Only 11 ran, 2nd got $22, 1st got the seat. The eleven featured several more good players than these usually have. I went the first 30 hands without winning one, then turned the corner and got aggressive. I shifted gears far more often than usual - when we got to 4, the other 3 players had all already proven they were tough. So I tried to change up how I would play hands, almost from hand to hand. I didn't want anyone putting me on a range of cards. I wasn't being maniacal or anything, but I was trying to do the poker equivalent of shapeshifting.

I think what I was most pleased with about my play is that I never once had all my chips on the line. I moved in only a few times, and was not once called in those spots. That may be the first time in my poker career that I've been like that in an actual tourney. True - this was only 11 handed and the structure was incredibly deep, but anytime you're not ever actually facing a bustout, you've played a very good game of poker.

1 Comments:

At 23:55, Blogger jason said...

I just want to leave a comment, since NOBODY ELSE DOES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home