Tuesday, February 28, 2006

very weird

Last year when I won my seat to the Main Event, I couldn't sleep all night. I took a nice walk around the neighborhood at some ungodly hour like 1AM (it was may, it wasn't 30 degrees). I still couldn't sleep. My brother, who had gone to bed before the tournament ended, woke up at around 4 for bathroom related reasons (if I remember correctly), checked the results and called me. I hadn't yet fallen asleep.

This is completely different. Last year I think I made playing in the WSOP as a sort of benchmark. It meant "Yes, I am officially good." And now, many months months later, I no longer need that affirmation - I know I'm good. I fully expected to play in this year's WSOP Main Event. I'm happy, sure, but it's certainly a different feeling.

The best way to describe the feeling is by saying "Well, I'm glad that's out of the way." I got my seat, I can play the rest of these tournaments for the cash. And I plan on playing quite a few of them for that cash, it's worth noting.

There are a few of you who read my blog regularly who need to get cranking on getting qualified. I want to see you in Vegas.


To conclude, a little Mitch Hedberg.

As an adult, I'm not supposed to go down slides. So, if I'm at the top of a slide, I have to pretend like I got there accidentally. "How'd I get up here, Goddamnit!? I guess I have to slide down. WHEEEEE!!!!" That's what you say when you're having fun — you refer to yourself and some other people.

5 Comments:

At 03:29, Blogger Peter said...

Congrats.

 
At 10:03, Blogger Rowebote said...

Congrats Jason on qualifying again! Yes you are a good player and shouldn't need the affirmation any longer. I look forward to seeing you on ESPN other than, "look for the guy in the background tipping his hat to Doyle"!

 
At 11:01, Blogger siberianex said...

Nice Job Jason. I was away skiing and missed it, but I hear you played great. Now get that king of the hill promo and travel in style!

 
At 09:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice going. Now if we can only have the 3 lads in there together it would make the tourny complete! Kudos!

 
At 17:39, Blogger Unknown said...

Huge congrats!! I knew it was only a matter of time!!

And your response makes complete sense. Onward & upward!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home