Wednesday, February 22, 2006

real quick.

Monday was bleah. Went out on a rough hand when a player had no business still being in the hand. Today was decent, early exit from the Super when guys couldn't find their fold buttons.

i finished 50th in the 55k on stars going out on (if you've read this for any length of time you know the next two words are) a flip. I did get a few notables in this tournament though:

I sucked out for the first time in a week.
I hit a draw for the first time in a week.
I won a coinflip for the first time since Saturday.

I am now 1 for my last 12 coinflips. Nice.

Biggest hand in the tournament was one I may have misplayed.

At 600/1200, I'm on about 65k and a MP who covers me raises to 3600. With KsTs and the button, I decide to see a flop, as does the BB. It comes QJ8 rainbow (one of my spades though). BB checks, MP bets 6000. I decide to semibluff raise to 20k, thinking that it's reasonably likely to take the bet will take the pot, failing that - i'll get a free turn. BB folded and MP surprised me by quickly moving in. It became a pot odds question, then. I had to call my final 41k to win 100k. I couldn't put him on a range that made the call wrong.

He had 88 and I turned the nine. It was nice hitting something.

I ultimately went cold, getting 72 four times in a two orbit span, with 32 featuring twice. With about 8BB in the BB I picked up AQ and called a shorty's all in - he had 67. Flop 842 turn 8 river 5. I went out with that same AQ against TT. I did get lucky in the course of the tournament, but couldn't keep it at the end. I should be upset, but I'm just excited that I actually got some luck at one point.

Payday wasn't that great, only 170 bucks. I was a winner for the day because I was up at the 5/10 limit game while I was folding up a storm in hour 2 of the rebuy. I really need to find a day when I just sit down and 2 or 3 table 5/10 for several hours. I know I can really be a significant winner at the cash games, but I have much to learn. I'd like to get in several thousand hands to get my game in the right place, then be able to move up. I know that'd be a quick move, but I have the bankroll for 10/20, and I know I have the ability to crush the game. If I'm a 1BB/hr winner at 10/20 and 3 table it for 4 hours a day... do the math.

It's late. I'm going to bed.

3 Comments:

At 10:48, Blogger siberianex said...

He did win one he described while I was watching..I am taking all the credit..LOL

 
At 21:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, why can't you help him with his coinflips - c'mon give him some pointers!

 
At 21:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, can't you help more with the coin flips?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home