Friday, February 24, 2006

boo

I think yesterday's madness at poker carried over into earlier today. I made a miserable play at the Party Super (I knew he had aces. I still thought he was capable of folding aces, even though nobody's capable of folding aces.) I made a miserable play at the FT WSOP Satellite (I tried to induce a fold from a moron. It didn't work out.)

I then played the 55k. I picked up quite a few more hands than normal, which was nice, but I played very very well in the tournament. I ended up going out in 230th after I got in a huge pot with the guy on my right with the tournament chiplead at stake.

Folded to him in the SB, he minraised and I called. The flop came KT7 with two spades. He'd just won a huge pot with A7 of diamonds against 25s on a A52, two diamond flop. He checked, I bet, and he made an unusually large raise. This was not something I'd seen from him thus far at the table. I had about 75k to start the hand - blinds were 800/1600. I thought through it briefly - with the two spade board was he semibluffing a hand like Ax of spades or was he protecting a made hand? In the end I went with my mantra of "I don't make big folds online unless there is amazingly compelling evidence in favor of it" and pushed. He called with KT of clubs. The turn was a king and the river a seven. I would have gone broke on the hand regardless.

Even though the results weren't there in the tournament I feel very much better about poker this evening than I did last night. I made two foolish plays which cost me in the earlier tournaments - which is something I haven't done in a while. I do stuff which APPEARS stupid, but there's actually very sound reasoning behind it. This stuff was just moronic. But I was able to cool down from them and play a very solid game of poker where I did (and woulda if I hadn't pushed there) gone broke on a cooler. That shit happens sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home