Friday, February 17, 2006

I am BUBBLEBOY

WSOP satellite on Full Tilt this evening, I finished in 3rd. Two seats were awarded. I did win a nice payday, but I'm yet again agitated horribly.

It got down to 3 handed and I got absolutely cold decked. 45 of spades on a 933 two spade flop. I try semibluffing my opponent off the hand, he won't fold, and I fold the river unimproved (board came red TK). T2 of hearts on the J43 two heart board. I fired two semibluff barrels this time, he didn't fold, and I folded unimproved on the river (board came As Ad). I then called down the same player with bottom pair. He had nothing on the flop, but turned a pair, and it was good. In the midst of all this, I got 72o four times three handed. Finally, the hand that really killed me:

With 43.5k at 2k/4k I raise to 10.5k from the SB with red queens. The BB, who is quite tight, thinks for a while and calls. The flop comes AJ5, with two hearts. I bet 11k, and the BB instamoves in. I was forced to fold the queens (BB shows AK, with the ace of hearts, so that backdoor draw was dead). Two hands later with 4BB I push with nines and run into jacks. GG me.

There's nothing I can do when the cards turn against me. I am sure I could have played some hands better (the semibluff hands, for instance) but would it have killed me to hit one of those draws? Or have the key coinflip win for once?

By the way, 3rd of 163. I did go 2 for 2 on coinflips (A3s > 22, AQo > 44 - but I should count the QQ and AK hand) but I did not once win when the money was in when I had the worst of it (excepting the aforementioned coinflip situations). Of course, I don't think I DID get the money in with the worst of it at all, come to think of it. I played really, really well. Until the end, when I think I misplayed a couple of those semibluff hands incorrectly, and then ran into a cold deck.

2 Comments:

At 21:04, Blogger Unknown said...

No, you didn't win the coveted seat on your birthday, but you came damned close. Even if you miss again, you'll have acquired more than half of the buy-in, should you want to purchase a seat. ;) (I know. It would be more satisifying on several levels, to win the seat.) There's still plenty of time. :)

Happy Birthday to you!

 
At 18:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope all the lads get to go to the WSOP this year too and finish in the money!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home