Tuesday, May 10, 2005

I want them doing that, right?

So, one of the things I'm working on is finding the appreciation for the poor player making a poor play. It's great when they do it and don't get rewarded. It's horrible when they do it and get the miracle card, and, worse yet, I pay them off. I'm getting MUCH better about not paying the player off upon catching the miracle card, but it's still something I need to work on.

It's just one of those things. In the O8 game I was playing today, I lost to a Q77T hand that called two bets cold. I was sitting there at the end going "the only thing I can possibly imagine he has that can beat me is 77, but he wouldn't call two bets cold with 77, would he?" You know, I want him calling those two bets cold. I just don't want it to cost me about $30 in the hand.

It's the same deal, players chasing a flush on a paired board when clearly not given odds. Really, I want them to do that. I do. I just don't want that flush card to hit. Unless, of course, I already have the boat or it gives me the boat, and then I get every last chip they have.

I'm working on this. I have to remember, when they make these awful plays, it benefits me in the long run. Hell, it benefits me more often than not in the short run. And it really will benefit me if I don't pay them off (particularly in NL rather than limit). This is something I am continuing to address in my play. It's gotten much better, there's still room for improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home