Thursday, May 12, 2005

Examining hands

One of the things that I think has marked my development as a player is that I'm reconsidering my play even on hands that ended well. In the past, I'd kind of gloss over these hands and concentrate on the hands that didn't - the losing hands, the hands where I paid a player who chased and caught, the ones where I didn't extract as much as I think I could have. I still look at those extremely closely, but last night two hands came up that I decided warranted more examination, one of which I was a winner.

That can only be a good thing. While results are always a good thing, I cannot, with my newfound focus on the journey and, accordingly, the process, obsess over the results. I need to make sure I'm making an optimal play. I need to see more creative ways to play hands, to change how I play so that no one can put me on a hand. I'm improving that skill markedly, and the best way to work on it is repeated examination of particular hands from a game, both winners and losers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home