Wednesday, July 05, 2006

weekend

I was going to write this Sunday, but I didn't get home till retardedly late. Then I was going to write it Monday, but I was understandably quite tired. Yesterday I plumb forgot. And so here we are.

Anyway, so we went to Cleveland this weekend. Saturday I got to hang with my friends for the first time in a while. Greg and Sarah and their son Alex, Damon and Lindsay and I all piled over to Besser's house (the first time I'd seen it) for a cookout. Good times. Geeks that we are, we played Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary Edition, where I learned that I am teh suck at literature. Yow. I owned the rest of the game, but I couldn't get that damn brown pie, then when I finally got it, I couldn't get the last question right. After that, we went over Damon and Lindsay's place to wait for Mike, who was at a wedding. I proved my awesome poker skills and owned a mini tournament. I hit an inside straight, flopped trips, won flips, etc. I'm goot at poker. Mike didn't make it over, and I went home. Boo Mike.

Sunday I went to breakfast with my family, then went over my brother's for the afternoon. We relaxed for a while, talked about poker, watched Mitch Hedberg, and then headed to dinner with Debbie and Vick(iy. You'd think I'd know whether it's an i or a y by now, but I lose track. My bad). After dinner, we met up with my parents at Playhouse Square to see Wicked. Absolutely sensational show.

On the way home Sunday night, the weather was kinda cool, then totally sucky. It was after 11 when we took off, and I had the ipod going. Initially I was listening to the 1812 overture, and off to the southwest there was a storm, so the sky was lighting up. That was pretty cool, so a tip of the cap to the weather. Unfortunately, it kept up after I was done listening to the 1812 overture, and then it started raining. That sucked, so a wag of the finger.

Anyway I'll probably get around to writing about the world cup again pretty soon, but not now.

1 Comments:

At 14:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Vick "I" at Matt's and Vick "Y" is your relative.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home