Monday, June 26, 2006

odds and ends

Sunday I went into work. I went to the area I dropped my buddy off on Friday, and on a wire overhead there was a medium sized black bird chirping away quite vociferously. I assume it's because it thought I was a predator and was sending a warning out. I'm naively going to believe it was my buddy. He recognized me and gave me a shoutout. Thanks man!

On Saturday I made the error of thinking to myself "Man, I haven't run that badly the past couple of days." On Sunday I regretted this realization.

I was given the finger today. I was headed to class here, and was turning left at an intersection on campus. The light had just turned red, so I began to turn when I realized that the jeep that was barrelling down Lane (the street) had no intentions of stopping, so I quickly jerked my wheel to the right to get out of its way. As he continued to go through the intersection he slowed down long enough to stick his middle finger out of the window. I hate people.

That incident aside, I love being down on campus in the summer. There are so many fewer people here, it's great. It really gives me a cold jolt the first week of fall classes, though. So...many...people... go...away. I shudder thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home