Friday, June 23, 2006

hi!

I'm back.

Did you miss me?

Sorry I've been away for so long, I've been quite busy. The World Cup has been fascinating, even if the Americans weren't. There's been other things going on, I've been playing less poker and I've still been running bad. So rather than using valuable blog space to post bad beats I just haven't been posting much.


Anyway, here's an interesting story from work today. As you may or may not know, I work at Fedex Ground just south of the city here. I move trailers around the yard, using a vehicle that looks similar to the one posted here. Anyway, as I was backing into a dock door, I noticed a bird no more than a foot and a half from where I drove by, and the bird didn't move. I thought this was interesting, so I backed to the dock, and came and checked the thing out. It sat there and stared at me. As I put my hand to him, he opened his mouth. I figured it was a chick of a rather large breed of bird that had not been able to fly, and was stuck there as a result. I picked him up, but he wasn't happy about it and wormed out of my grasp. I called my coworker over to check the bird out. My coworker was working on some potato chips, so I told him to give me one (he intially refused on the grounds that birds don't like potato chips), and I fed the bird some. Apparently, birds really don't like barbecue potato chips, but he was hungry enough to have a few bites. I got a better grip on him and relocated him to a grassy area on the edge of our yard.

During the course of the day he slowly made his way towards the fence, and at the end of the day I couldn't find him - I assume he made his away on the other side. Hopefully my buddy will be able to make it. Obviously it's unlikely, but now that he's gotten out of the yard, I can assume he did.

Oh, and yes, I am a total softie.

1 Comments:

At 17:30, Blogger Unknown said...

The other day, we had a tiny little bird slam into the front window of our house. He slammed so hard that he left feathers stuck to the clean glass.

He sat on the front stoop, where he landed, for a few hours. He hardly moved or batted an eyelash. Poor guy. After about 2-3 hours, he finally left.

Hopefully they've both made it to greener pastures. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home