Friday, May 26, 2006

US MNT and news

That stands for United States Men's National Team for the uninitiated. That's soccer. I'd expect an awful lot of soccer in this space over the next 6 weeks.

The match Tuesday against Morocco was pretty disappointing. The team looked pretty disjointed and coudln't really get anything going. The fact that we lost is meaningless - in these games we're not looking at results, we're looking at quality, and there wasn't a lot of it Tuesday.

Tonight's match against Venezuela (from CLEVELAND! - I just was too lazy to drive up there to watch, I'm bad) was mutch better. I think the opposition were worse, and they weren't packing it in defensively, which helped, but the boys looked much b tter in attack. The play in the final third was still lacking as players just weren't in tune with each other in the end. That's to be expected, I think. That's also what these 3 sendoff matches are for.

This post has just given my glossed over thoughts on these two matches and served as a warning - expect more of this.


Oh, and we're going to have a boy. It's been confirmed.

8 Comments:

At 01:51, Blogger Unknown said...

Yay!!!! Congrats!!

You pick out names, yet?

 
At 02:04, Blogger jason said...

Yep. Jason King Hoagland Jr.

 
At 21:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surprise! A boy. There might be another announcement in the family shortly too.

 
At 21:09, Blogger jason said...

ooooooo. I await with ba(i?)ted breath!

 
At 03:44, Blogger Unknown said...

:) Great name!

 
At 11:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CDWH said he's going to Germany for some of the matches.

 
At 16:01, Blogger jason said...

If I happen to win a massive payday between now and then, I'd love to get over there, too. I'm gonna have to get cracking, though.

 
At 10:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it's official CH is engaged too. I wish that you could go to some of the matches also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home