Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday wrapup

Stars $1m gtd: I got up to 10k in the second hour, but then fell from there when I could not eliminate a couple shorties, then went stone cold card dead. Ultimately I pushed in hour 3 with A3 for 7BB (something I really try not to do, but at stars chip accumulation is absolutely necessary, so bad pushes like that are really the order of the day) - I ran into aces.


Party $500k gtd: Awesome table to start, full of people who were keen on giving their chips away with two particular ATMs. It took me a while to get going, but once I did I was a force. I would build my stack up, lose a coinflip to drop well down, then build it back. This happened twice, the second coinflip loss would have put me in the top 20 in the tournament in chips. unfazed, I went right back at it. Finally, I lost a third coinflip which would have again put me top 20 in the tournament in chips with 600 left. I couldn't rebuild my stack a 3rd time, and busted 100 short of the money.


FT $200k gtd: First time they've made this a weekly event, there was a $6600 overlay. I got a nice stack early when people threw their chips at me (something that was a theme for the day). I finally put my first beat on a player in what seems like a month when I eliminated a medium stack with KQ to his AK. Unfortunately, I went card dead around the bubble, but was able to maintain my stack enough to be dangerous. The bubble burst, and I had moved into the top 30 of the 100 left when I misplayed a hand horribly. The button in the hand had a standard raise of minimum, so nothing could be read by his minraise.



Full Tilt Poker Game #541070733: $200,000 Guarantee! (3266293), Table 92 - 1200/2400 Ante 300 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:34:44 ET - 2006/04/02
Seat 1: THEOSU (41,776)
Seat 2: gonzo69 (16,830)
Seat 3: WRONA666 (33,875)
Seat 4: Erick Lindgren (66,718)
Seat 6: WitweMacher (7,356)
Seat 7: Clown (22,935)
Seat 8: C2CHarley (50,672)
Seat 9: smheilbron (43,762)
THEOSU antes 300
gonzo69 antes 300
WRONA666 antes 300
Erick Lindgren antes 300
WitweMacher antes 300
Clown antes 300
C2CHarley antes 300
smheilbron antes 300
smheilbron posts the small blind of 1,200
THEOSU posts the big blind of 2,400
The button is in seat #8
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to THEOSU [Qc 6h]
gonzo69 folds
WRONA666 folds
Erick Lindgren folds
WitweMacher folds
Clown folds
C2CHarley raises to 4,800
smheilbron folds
THEOSU calls 2,400
*** FLOP *** [3h 7d 2h]
Bronco232 (Observer): highplaya is the only repeat winner of this
THEOSU checks
C2CHarley bets 6,000
THEOSU calls 6,000

I called the flop bet in the expectation of leading the turn with a bet to take it down. I thought this had a high percentage chance of working as this player had made bets similar to this with draws and trash.


*** TURN *** [3h 7d 2h] [Qd]
THEOSU checks
C2CHarley bets 38,400

Here is where I should have taken my time. I hit my card, so I checked again. I think this was my first error - I should have come right out and bet it anyway as I had planned to. Anyway, I checked and he overbet to put me in. This was new. He'd done this on the river when he'd made his hand, but he'd NEVER done this on the turn since he'd been at the table. I really really should have thought this through and folded, but instead I rather quickly called.


THEOSU calls 30,676, and is all in
C2CHarley shows [As Ac]
THEOSU shows [Qc 6h]
Uncalled bet of 7,724 returned to C2CHarley
*** RIVER *** [3h 7d 2h Qd] [Ks]
C2CHarley shows a pair of Aces
THEOSU shows a pair of Queens
C2CHarley wins the pot (86,552) with a pair of Aces
THEOSU stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 86,552 Rake 0
Board: [3h 7d 2h Qd Ks]
Seat 1: THEOSU (big blind) showed [Qc 6h] and lost with a pair of Queens
Seat 2: gonzo69 folded before the Flop
Seat 3: WRONA666 folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Erick Lindgren folded before the Flop
Seat 6: WitweMacher folded before the Flop
Seat 7: Clown folded before the Flop
Seat 8: C2CHarley (button) showed [As Ac] and won (86,552) with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: smheilbron (small blind) folded before the Flop



Unlike an awful lot of the bad play that's been in existence against me over the past week, I was unable to suck out.

I think I played really well today. I made one huge error and paid for it dearly, however. I'm extremely frustrated at the Party result - I win either of those two massive coinflips and who knows. The FT error will probably gnaw at me for a bit because it was pretty foolish. But, I've already taken the lesson from it - I need to take my time in these situations. I know that's a stupid lesson to be learning now, but I think every so often all of us make mistakes that we shouldn't, and all of us have to relearn stupid lessons.

1 Comments:

At 02:32, Blogger Unknown said...

"I know that's a stupid lesson to be learning now, but I think every so often all of us make mistakes that we shouldn't, and all of us have to relearn stupid lessons."

Here, here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home