Monday, March 20, 2006

Manic Monday

Two tourneys, the 150 on stars and the Super Monday.

Stars: QQ> AQ on like hand 4. CO limps, I raise from the BB with QQ, he reraises, I push, he instacalls with AQ (?). A on flop, case queen on river. I worked that to 4500 when KK < AA and that was that.

Super Monday: Got to 7200 early, down to 2300 at break when I made a play on a top ranked player. I had a very good feel for what he had, and I got a good river card for a bluff. He could only beat a bluff with that river card, and he did. Worked that back to 4k, back down to 2k when QQ flopped an ace and I had to drop, AJ > AK to get back to 4k, AA > JJ to get into five digits, and up to 15k. Back down to 12k, JJ > A4s to 25k. The big hand of the tournament then hit for me. With AsK UTG+1 I standard raised. The SB smallreraised which usually indicates a monster, and I decided to take a flop. The flop was QTx, all spades, and he pushed. I shrugged and called. He had KsK, so I was actually a favorite, but I could not hit any of my many, many outs. Down to 6k, I worked it back up to 12k. The last hand there I raised from the SB with AQo, the BB called and we checked down on the 45666 board, I showed the AQ and he mucked. The next hand, I raised with 88 on the button, the SB folded and the sizable stack on the BB pushed with A9s, I called and he flopped the ace and that was that.

It was nice to actaully come from behind, but I did it early when it was largely meaningless. The two big coinflips that I was involved in that could have put me in position to actually MONEY in the tournament - nope.

Bah.

1 Comments:

At 16:24, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, that was nice! To see a few hands where you came from slightly behind & won the hand!

Here's hoping this is only the beginning of a better run.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home