Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend has become a very difficult weekend for me. I won't get into the reasoning, but it has to do with the fact that I was born and raised Catholic, and I'm not Catholic any more. I don't know what I am, I just know what I'm not. So it's tough.

Blizzard (our dog, for those of you not in the know) got his first glimpse at a baby today. We went over Debbie's brother's place, and visited with them and their newborn son Justin. Blizzard was confused/intrigued/etc. It will be interesting when that time comes. It was damn entertaining, though.

The drive home was the single worst drive home on a non-Thanksgiving Sunday non-snow event. Awful traffic, the weather wasn't awesome, the driving was subpar. Lots of accelerate/brake/accelerate/brake instead of just going a constant speed. Then, a guy cut me off twice in a row. The first time I honked vociferously (I had to go from 65 to 20 in about 2 seconds) and flashed my brights. The second I just left them on. He was in an expedition, so I don't think the brights of my Lumina really impaced him much, but it made me feel better. Ultimately he changed lanes right into one that stopped and I never saw him again. I was quite happy.

That's about it for the weekend. I'm pretty damn tired after that drive, so it'll be an early night. At least I didn't take an 0-fer this weekend, like last weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home