Sunday, February 05, 2006

I run bad

It's been a bad week. Even disregarding what happened in New Jersey, since I've been home I haven't moneyed once. Let's describe this weekend thus far:

Saturday:

Iron Man Freeroll on FT. 1500 starting stacks, 10 minute levels. I forgot just how shitty a structure this is. It's shitty. I actually drew out a couple times in this, but I ran into guys that couldn't fold marginal hands and couldn't win those.

Ace of whatever on Poker Room. I created my own hole in this one because I misread my hand. I was at my brother's and for whatever reason, Poker Room won't download on that computer, so I was using the web based version. Having said that, it's inexcusable. I thought I had a straight. I didn't. It was a very amateurish error that cost me a big chunk of my stack, from which I nearly recovered, but could not.

100/9 on UB. Card dead, then at 10/20 with 2200 or so, I raise to 65 with 44 (Again, I mussed up here, because I didn't see UTG raised). Flop was five way, came down AK4 with two hearts. I bet, guy behind me goes all in for 1800. To a pot of like 300. He had 62h, and spiked the river. I couldn't come back.

45k on stars. I actually played very well for two hours, then busted out in hour 3 - but not on a coinflip. I raised in MP with K6s because I'd been card dead at my new table and wanted to raise on occasion in case I were to actually get a hand at some point. Flop came KT7 with two diamonds - check check. Turn was an offsuit 6. I bet, he called. River came the 3d. I checked to the other player who bet enough to put me in. Last hand he minraised a riverbet, and here he bet enough to put me in. I couldn't see him having the flush because he checked when I checked the flop. He did, he had 97d. I don't know why he'd check behind with a pair/flush draw, and wait till the turn to put chips in, but I guess if you're going to spike the river...

Today:

Live tourney, $100 buyin, almost 100 runners, just for fun. Decent structure, but a double up in the first hour is almost mandatory. I went out after about 75 minutes. Two decks were in use, so the play was pretty quick - we probably got about 60 hands in during that 75 minute period. I got A3s twice and A7o once. I got KQs once and KQo twice. I had no pairs. I got rivered once by a player who could not fold 3rd pair and ended up making 3rd and 5th pair. I flopped a nice two way draw with 57s on the A23 two spade flop, but didn't hit any of my outs. That was it.


I guess the moral of the story is this: Since I've come back, I've not run well. On the very rare occasions that I got hands - I got no action. I've had guys make awful plays that either were good because they were the one time I ran a big bluff all tournament or the awful plays spiked the river.

It'll pass. It always does.

3 Comments:

At 02:25, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know if this applies in any way, but... ya know what? Nevermind, I'm going to post this as an entry in my blog. :)

 
At 04:30, Blogger Unknown said...

Well... maybe tomorrow. ;)

 
At 03:42, Blogger Unknown said...

So, I made noises about making a post in my blog. I didn't get around to it, and then... the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had questions. And, they were directed to you & your play, etc, not a general blog type entry. Then... time went by, and now... I'm thinking anything I was going to say is now irrelevant. :)

You're getting your groove back. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home