Sunday, January 22, 2006

two tournaments

Party sucks. Played their marquee Million Dollar Gtd tournament today. From 14 minutes left in level 2 to 11 minutes left in level four, my table played 3 hands. A few other tables were stuck as well, but most were playing as usual. 3 hands in 43 minutes of play! Fun! Ultimately Party canceled the tournament, and I got paid to a $140 profit.

100/9 deepstax on Stars. 343 entrants, I believe. I played quite well, buoyed by four pocket aces in hour 2 to build a nice stack. I really languished from that point on, though, losing a big pot to a flush draw that moved in on my set and hit. Really, for the better part of two hours every pot I won I earned. Finally, I got a big stack when I raised in EMP with KTs and was called by LP. I'd started raising a lot at this table because there were a lot of weak players. Anyway, the flop came KKT with two spades. So I threw a nice continuation bet out there and got called. We got it in on the Js turn, he had AQo (with the Qs, so he had two outs) and I doubled up. Again, from that point on, anything I won I earned. I lost a big pot with my first big move of the tournament in a button v. blind battle. I had run small moves all tournament - picking up unclaimed pots, attacking weakness and the like, but this was my first big move and... he flopped two pair. Oops. I was doing some work to stay afloat, when I raised in MP with T7o. The button reraised to force me in, and my finger wavered over the call button on its way to the fold button and it called. He had AQ and made two pair. Five hours of work to go out 6 from the money on a misclick. Lovely.

It was still good practice for the Borgata. None of these players were the caliber of those I'll see there (well, I assume some of them are, and those are the players I will want chips from).

And I was ahead by like 30 bucks. So yay.

3 Comments:

At 23:38, Blogger Unknown said...

In this game, one can never have too much practice. :)

I know you know this... but remember to have fun this coming weekend. To play smart poker, & not to pressure yourself to *fill in the blank*.

I suspect you'll be surprised by the amount of poor play you'll witness. We have full confidence that you will knock 'em dead!

When do you leave for AC?

 
At 23:39, Blogger jason said...

I suppose I'll write up my plans in a post sometime here so those that are in the area can have an idea of when/where to find me.

 
At 02:11, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home