Thursday, February 02, 2006

oh for two

Couple of tough tourneys.

I didn't get far in the Poker Room Ace of Clubs tournament. I represented a straight on a 3456 board and could not get 55 to lay down. I represented it very well, he just refused to fold. I fought back with my short stack and actually got it back to triple what I had left myself with, but then I wasn't able to manufacture more. Ultimately, I went out when T2 decided to muck around with the short stack and he spiked a deuce, which was enough to sink my AQc (on the 652, two club board - I was the favorite).

In the Stuper on Party, I got just shy of the money, out in 163 when 140 paid. I had an above average stack when I doubled up KK with AQ on a QJ3 flop. That dropped me to average. I then lost half of that stack when I raised the CO who limped (I was button). The guy then minreraised. I only had 52s, and I should have folded there, but I was getting 4.5-1 odds, and the guy's chips were clearly going in on the flop. I didnt' have the time to put him on a particular range, but I shoudl ahve tightened it up hugely. That's almost always the action of AA or KK. I paid the rest of his stack when I did grab a piece of the flop. It was poor.

I then was REALLY crippled (to 68 chips!) when I pushed from the SB and the BB called all 7BB of his stack off with JTo. I only had T7s, but... come on! JTo? For all your chips? When you're not dead?

I was not able to build the 68 back up.

Meh. I made a mistake and I paid for it at Party. The Ace of Clubs was just bad luck that he had a set and couldn't lay it down. I played the hand very well, it just didn't work out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home