Friday, January 27, 2006

Getting ready by not getting results!

It's been a rough week. I don't think I've come from behind once all week. Seriously. I cannot remember once this week when I've said "well, that was lucky. I'll make the best of that!" I've gotten drawn out on plenty, sure...


Anyway, today was just a rough day. I donked up the Super Thursday massively and went out of that quickly. I managed to get myself shortstacked because I wasn't playing very well early on, and someone called my push on a flush draw and hit.

Stars 45k was standard operating procedure. 15k after the rebuy period, then dropped half of it on the first hand back. I puked and called getting 2-1 odds on two all ins while holding AK. I didn't think I actually had 2-1 odds to win the hand, but I have a rule that I don't fold AK getting 2-1 odds. Well, I was against aces, so it didn't. From that point on, I took one pot the rest of the tournament. One. And that was when I flopped a set and got no action. Every other time, people were fighting back. I went out on... (if you can't figure out how I went out of the 45k, you haven't paid enough attention to every other 45k post)

Poker Room Ace of Diamonds. I've really taken to this structure. It's slow, and it lets those of us who can play poker (me) succeed. I worked my 5k starting stack up to over 9k when I lost it all with set under set. Oh well.

So, I'm telling myself I'm due. I don't think I've been playing very well, but I'm certainly playing well enough to have better results than I've gotten this week. I've just not gotten lucky enough to come from behind and I've had more than a few winners die. I've also had cold deck situations like the set under set in the Ace of Diamonds tournament.


I was hoping for a good result tonight to give me a boost going into this weekend, but no such luck. I'll be all right though.

Shout out to Andrew Rosskamm, who certainly doesn't read this, but he's my friend's brother, and he finished 2nd at the 1500 buyin of the Borgata Winter Poker Open. Maybe he'll stick around for the Main Event...

1 Comments:

At 09:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raymer had been on one of the worst streaks of his life before the 04 main event. Play your game and good things will happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home