Sunday, January 22, 2006

Three Sunday Majors

200/15 at Party, 500k gtd. Lasted six hands, got it in with 22 on the 872 flop. I was against 77 and KK and was drawing to one out.

200/15 on stars, 500k gtd. I lasted into the second hour. I just got no hands this tournament. Grinded my way up to 4500 by taking small pots. There was one player that was especially helping my cause at my first table. He was on the CO on my BB and raised every time it was folded to him. Every time. Without fail. It really wasn't working out too well, because he only won one pot we saw a flop with, and we saw a lot of flops. But, other than that, it was really tough. Lots of 84, 73, 72 and the like.

In hour 2, the CO guy busted, and my table broke. I moved a total of 4 times in the second hour, which was really awful. Couldn't get an image, couldn't size up my table, nothing. I did double with KK v. JJ getting over 9k. Finally, after stealing a few pots to keep my stack around 9k, got involved in a pot with A8s from the CO, ultimately folding down at 5k. Then I raised to 1600 with my now slightly below 5k stack behind a limper with 79 of clubs. I was just hoping to steal the limper/blind. The limper called, which was interesting. Flop came Q85 with two spades, and the limper checked. I could represent a number of hands, and pushed with at least an inside straight draw to back me up. The player called with 9T of spades, and I was drawing to a non-spade 6 or a 7. A J hit the turn, meaning I had 3 outs to chop, which didn't come. I don't mind him playing this way, it's awful play that got rewarded.

200/15 on FT, 60k GTD. Still in this as I type this up. Couldn't rake a pot early, got down below 800 from the original 2000 starting stack, got back over 2100, and am at 2200 as I type this up, which is still below half average. If nothing further is written, it's a safe assumption that I did not money...

1 Comments:

At 10:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm finding that in tourneys I do not move even if I'm card dead I end up doing pretty well. In the ones where I move 5 times in an hour I also struggle because I have no reads, no image and continually have to take 15 hands just to figure everybody out then wham I'm moved again. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home