Thursday, February 02, 2006

Back in Columbus

We got home last night.

The Borgata is an amazing hotel. It's classy, comfortable and relaxing. The rooms are incredible, and we were in the low end of those. The food was great. There were a couple places that people who didn't want to drop a hundo on dinner could go, and those places were great. There were places that you could drop a hundo if you wanted to - Mixx was awesome, and I can only assume the other places don't suck, either. My one complaint was that I had to go downstairs to a "Living Room" to get on the internet - the wireless network didn't reach my room. The rest of AC, though - what a hole.

It was either Al Alvarez or Anthony Holden that said that when you're in Vegas playing poker, there is no outside world. I came back last night and checked out CNN.com. What do you know? Bush gave his State of the Union (and said things that we dirty liberals have been saying for years) and Samuel Alito was confirmed to the Supreme Court. Who knew? Matt bought a paper a couple days, but all I did was read the sports (yeah, I'm that guy). It was weird. I had my laptop and a connection to the internet downstairs, but never bothered to check out CNN. I read poker blogs, updated mine, checked out cardplayer and pokerwire. That was about it. Nuts, huh?

I'll probably be playing a bit this evening. I'd like to get in the Ace of [whatever suit] this evening on Poker Room. They upped the guarantees this month, and I love the structure of the tournament. If I'm in that, I'll probably give the Thursday Stuper a go, too. This weekend I'm headed back to Cleveland. There's a Super Bowl tournament up there that I played in last year (great structure for a live tourney - it's not a charity, a guy puts it on and takes no rake if you're a NARC and reading) and the Iron Man Freeroll is also on the books. My brother-in-law's wife is due Friday, so if my nephew is born I'll definitely see him, too.

Ok, so my brother-in-law's wife. Is she my sister-in-law? To my mind, sister-in-law implies either my brother's wife or my wife's sister, and there's none of the former. But referring to her as "my brother-in-law's wife" seems so impersonal. Can someone help me out here?

I've killed enough time here, I have an exam in a bit, so I've got to finish studying for that. No matter how boring it is.

4 Comments:

At 16:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would say it's your sister-in-law! C'mon they are family.

 
At 20:00, Blogger jason said...

ok, which relative?

 
At 20:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very special one! Nothing but!

 
At 21:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you aren't having the baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home