Thursday, January 19, 2006

another quick hitter

7th of 350 or so at the UB 75k gtd this evening for about $3100.

Got really lucky 3 times, all 3 for most or all of my chips. Q3s > AKo, QQ > AA, and 89s > AA. Got quite unlucky on many, many occasions, but all of those were for all of somebody else's chips. AA < 48s, and dominating hands either losing or chopping repeatedly. It just wasn't a good evening for the best hand.

I made a terrible error at the final table. I was counting on a total maniac to bet, and gave him a free card. It made him a straight, and I paid it with my queens. That really cost me a shot at winning.

I played pretty well, probably not as well as on Sunday, but still did well. The key to this tournament was that my luckboxing came when I was all in, and the luckboxing against me came when i had the chips to afford it.

Also played the 45k on stars (this needs macroed) and I went out on a coinflip. I played the Super Wednesday on Party, which I did not realize was a limit event. Even though I am by no means a limit expert, the game was still tremendous. An example of this was that a player four bet from the SB with 33. Yeah. Good stuff. I just couldn't make a hand. The one hand I made ended up getting drawn out on. In limit games like that, you are at the mercy of the deck. It's great when the deck smiles on you, awful when not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home