Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving!

This will be my first Thanksgiving where I won't be coming home. I was planning on going up to Cleveland tomorrow morning, eating roast turkey, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls and gravy, then coming down again that evening, but unfortunately the weather does not agree that this is a good decision. A nasty storm is supposed to roll in here while I sleep, and I don't want to make that round trip in a snowstorm with 40 mph winds. So, I went to the store tonight and bought some turkey cutlets, and Debbie and I will have our own little Thanksgiving here. It won't be quite the same, but sometimes you've just got to adjust and make it work. Again, we're good for each other that way. While both of us certainly have places in our heart for traditions we enjoyed as we grew up (she more than I, admittedly), we're not bound to them. We're flexible enough to be able to enjoy something like what we'll do. Debbie, myself and our dog - that's our family now. And we'll be together.

Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home