Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword

Went out in 51st in tonight's FT tourney. I was about 12th or so, but I took two shots at an aggressive player, when he raised the turn I ran. I then lost a flip, and lost a dominating hand to bust. Frustrating, but I played very well and kept getting into good spots.

Also screwed around in a turbo tourney on stars, finished 137 when 135th paid (paid fricking $2.10 profit, so f that), with AT v. T7 who made trips. That pretty much sums it up.

Tom McEvoy has said about NLHE tournaments... all you can do is get yourself into a position to get lucky. I find myself more often than not getting into positions where all I need is to avoid being unlucky. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes the board double pairs and you chop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home