Saturday, May 06, 2006

Yay Sports

Hey! Damon Jones isn't completely worthless! That was a very exciting game, although I don't see this team having a chance against the Pistons unless 1) LeBron turns into MJ in his prime and 2) Larry Hughes stops sucking. Z waking up wouldn't be bad either, but right now we're just not playing a style that benefits him at all.

Tomorrow is the Kentucky Derby. I admit, I love the Derby, I haven't missed it either on TV or on radio for as long as I can remember. I'm not much of a horse racing enthusiast other than the Triple Crown though, but as long as there's a shot at it, I'm there. I remember a couple years ago when Smarty Jones was going for the triple crown at the Belmont, a bunch of us were at my buddy Greg's wedding reception, and we wandered over to a nearby bar in the complex to watch.

Now, I employ a strategy for picking the Derby winner (and thus my rooting interest in the race) that is, I am afraid, akin to myriads of women everywhere. Put simply, I turn on the TV around 530. I watch the horses come out of their stables and onto the track. And then I pick/root for the prettiest horsie. That's it. It works pretty well, though - I nailed Giacomo last year.

This isn't really as easy as it sounds. Most years the Derby has at least 15 horses going off, and this year there are 20 horses that'll approach the gate. I'm sure a good handful of those horsies will be pretty. And I've got to choose the prettiest one. It's not easy, but somebody's got to do it. And that somebody is this guy.

1 Comments:

At 00:38, Blogger Unknown said...

This post had me dying!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home