Thursday, May 04, 2006

mixed bag

I continue to struggle in tournaments. I moneyed in the Monday Super, but kept running into aces. That's been it for moneying this week, though. I've played pretty well, I just keep 1) not having or making big hands and 2) when I have or make strong hands I run into stronger hands. Bad.

I had an awful session last night at the 5/10 game. I wasn't playing very well, but I was just getting awful luck. One hand that is symptomatic of the game was when I took AA in a 4 way capped pot preflop and would have ended up 4th best had I not folded them. The board came QQ79J, I folded the turn. Q9 won, JJ stuck to the river to catch jacks full and 8T somehow stuck around for a capped pot preflop and on that flop to make a meaningless straight and lose even more than I lost with aces. That pretty much summed it up.

I won quite a bit of it back tonight though, so I'm happy. I wasn't getting an awful lot of service, but I found a couple spots to win pots without the hand, which is unusual in this game. I think I'm getting better at that, even though these guys largely cannot fold. They love calling you down with ace high - they do it often enough that I'm honestly considering value betting big aces on the end occasionally.

The Cavs are apparently taking lessons from Bob Wickman on how to make games way way more interesting than they need be, but like Wicky they eventually escaped with a win and a 3-2 series lead. They're not going to beat the Pistons playing like this. Well, let me amend. With Lebron playing like this they have a shot. With the other 11 guys on the team playing uniformly horrid ball, they're not.

1 Comments:

At 20:13, Blogger Chad C said...

The Cavs are just delaying the inevitable, my Pistons are going to sweep them. The dude with the "sideshow bob" simpsons hair cut is gonna get smacked down again by Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home