Friday, April 28, 2006

hey hey!

Finished 56th in the Party Super. That's not too shabby.

I was doing really well when the bubble broke, but then I bet a hand one street late, lost to a shorty's AQ with KQ, and was reduced to playing short stack poker. On the happy side, I got no action on my crap hands. On the unhappy side, I got no action with my aces, either. In fact, I had aces four times this tournament, but picked up the blinds on 3 of them. The fourth did result in a big pot relatively early on, though. Ultimately I busted pushing K5o from the CO for 7BB - the button had KK. It didn't end well.

I played well, I made a mistake when I bet the hand one street late, but that'll happen. I was getting cards and I was hitting draws pretty well, so I can't complain. Largely I was playing my cards until the end when I was playing my short stack.

Oh well, I'll take a solid result in a tournament, since they've been awfully rare, lately. Hopefully this is a good sign for me winning the Grand.

I have an eye doctor's appointment tomorrow. I don't think my prescription has worsened, but I need a new pair of glasses as Blizzard chewed my other pair up some time ago and I've just never gotten around to getting a new pair.

Oh, and enjoy this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/bananaphone.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home