Thursday, April 27, 2006

tempting fate

...by mentioning that I am DESTROYING the 5/10 6max on Party. My God, if you play limit holdem, stay the fuck away from these tables because they're mine.

I've been playing quite a bit since Monday, though I'm hardly grinding them. I know some people out there will 6+table these games, and I just can't do that. I have been playing only one or two at a time, but my results have been great.

Monday:

Party: 43 minutes, 64 hands, -$146.50. Best table ever, had two players with VPIP (That's the percentage of time they play a hand, for y'all who aren't poker afficionados) of over 70, and one more over 50. They just caught disgustingly.

Full Tilt: 81 minutes, 129 hands, +$64. Actually quite a tough table, I should have stood up to better utilize my opportunity, but I was enjoying the challenge of playing with players who weren't total donks. It was fun.

Party: 66 minutes, 123 hands, +$252. I sat at this one after the first table here broke up (and after I stopped crying saying "COME BACK!"). It was still good, though not quite as good.


Tuesday:

Party: 170 minutes, 341 hands, +$39. It was not as good a game as either of Mondays tables, and I wasn't hitting the deck as hard. I was playing pretty well and was up $200 shortly before the end, but I lost a couple of pots to the river and then made a couple of fatigue related errors. I noticed my play deteriorating (unfortunately after I made the errors) and stood up to stop the damage. When I had monsters I was not getting a ton of action.


Today:

Party: 113 minutes, 236 hands, +$439. Yeah, +$439. The table was awfully good, but I was just getting mowed over by the deck, with the benefit of getting a lot of action on my monsters. It's fun when the deck does this.


Lessons I've learned:

In this time period this week, there have been only a couple of hands where I really think I made a wrong play. There are certainly several more hands where I think I made a non-ideal play, but one which was still acceptable. The interesting thing about those hands is I am beginning to notice them as I make them. Previously, it would only be after the fact that I'd recognize the error of my ways. The goal is to recognize the potential for error BEFORE I make it, and not to make them.

I believe I'm making an awful lot of my profit from other players' mistakes. While I like to think that my play is causing an awful lot of their mistakes, I recognize that as I move up the ladder, the majority of the players won't call me down with weak aces just because they have no idea what I'm doing. As I mentioned above, I'm making some mistakes of my own. I really wonder if at 30/60 a player could be a winner just by not making any mistakes. My hypothesis has been that in NL Holdem a player, by 10/20, has to make winning plays to be a winner. It would stand to reason that this would apply at some point to limit as well, I just don't know where.

Ok, that's it for tonight. I'm pretty tired, but I'm ecstatic with how I've been playing in these games, and I thought I'd share it with you, dear readers, as it's been a while since I've been ecstatic with my poker play.

Oh, and I just can't WAIT for the poker room grand this weekend. I'm just giddy with excitement.

1 Comments:

At 03:02, Blogger Unknown said...

WTG!!!

Good luck this weekend. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home