Sunday, November 06, 2005

If it weren't for luck, I'd win every one

Played the Stars 500K today. Played very well, despite not having a lot of hands. I made chips where I could, won a flip, got lucky (A8 v. AQ), and did not get lucky vs short stacks several other times. Basically just playing my style very well.

And then I took two 2 outers in 45 minutes (JJ < 99, 9 on the flop, KJ < QQ after we got it in on the K high flop), and I went out in 200th. I took two horrid beats, and I still moneyed. I guess I'm doing something right.

I'm still strangely satisfying. The cash payout is all right, but not tremendous since I bought in (though a month ago I'd have been awfully ahppy with it), but I was playing for that big prize.

I know I can win one of these things. So, two new goals by the end of the year: Get to Atlantis, and Final Table a major online tournament.

I have them written down here. Hopefully I remember to check in before I leave for Atlantis to see how I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home