Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Running good > running bad

Finished 2nd in the FT 10K tonight, I'm pretty pleased. I don't remember handing out any tough beats. I'm sure I did, it's just very late and my memory isn't what it was in my youth. I took a couple tough ones, one right before the final table which put me to 11th of 13, and one heads up which took me from 1st place to a cold deck induced 2nd. I also had the Blue Screen of Death attack when we were four handed, that's ALWAYS a bad beat.

I ratcheted up the aggression this tournament. I made a few plays I'm really proud of, plays which I think really show my development as a player. These plays also demonstate just how important confidence is. If I was not confident in my read or in my ability to successfully pull the play off, there's no way I can do some of the things I did.

I was wrong about the White Sox. Of course, they're still winning every one run game in sight. I am confident in saying that next year that shit will even out, and they'll be no better than an 85 win team.

It was less than 2 weeks ago I was bemoaning my luck on the whole. Today, I am 100% full of confidence, and with bankroll that's pleasantly restored (and then some).

Shania is happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home