Sunday, May 07, 2006

sunday tourneys

I got to 13k very early at party, then i couldn't get paid on any of my hands and my efforts to make chips were largely rebuffed. I made the wrong choice to c/r or c/c a draw and let a player who could not call a raise catch a hand, and then reraised QJ into AQ and could not draw out.


At full tilt, I got a lot of service but again I simply could not get paid. I got two outed when I tried to let a player hang himself (I think he would have), built it back up, then lost a coinflip (shocking!) to bust. The flop came JT4 and I pushed KQ behind a bet and a call, and lost to AJ. I'm gonna need to win those. Please. Let me win a coinflip.

3 Comments:

At 01:10, Blogger Chad C said...

if it makes you feel better I busted in 50 something place when my 77 was rivered by Q5 off all in pre flop, and when I made a blind push steal leaving the BB terrible odds to call he called 1/4 of his stack off anyway with J10 off. That tourney is a minefield, good luck in the future in it. YOU WILL NEED IT!!!

 
At 01:14, Blogger jason said...

No, that doesn't really make me feel better. I suck at coinflips, I know it and I've stopped getting worked up when I can't win any. Seriously.

What makes me feel better is the fact that I was +$513 in 274 hands at the 5/10 game today (a mediocre +18.7BB/100). So I still turned a decent profit for the day. That makes me feel better.

Yeah, taht tournament is a minefield, but it's less so with the double stacks. You've still gotta win the occasional coinflip, though.

 
At 19:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home