Friday, January 13, 2006

Not quite successful

I played three tourneys this evening. A $3 rebuy on stars, the $11 rebuy (45k) on stars, and the now standard 16k on FT. It's not a stretch to say that I was cold carded all evening.

In the 16k, which it appears I'll get my entry fee back in, I had a set under set, no big hands to speak of, and lost a flip to go out. In the $3R, I had players flop trips on me EIGHT times. EIGHT. Not surprisingly, I went out in such a manner, when a player did the old limp UTG/call the raise to 7BB with J7s. And in the 45k I was 3 of 15 in showdowns. Of the three showdowns, two of them I chopped with another player. That means I went 1 of 13 in showdowns in which there was a single winner. I'm not going to win a whole lot of tournaments that way.

All was not lost, however. I learned that it's really comfortable to play a poker tournament from my recliner in front of the TV. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home