Thursday, January 05, 2006

Playing With Experts

I very rarely get involved with talking at the table, but this guy was really ticking me off. So I talked. It was fun.


*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to THEOSU [6h 4c]
wrestle1234: you'll never get much of a BR
wrestle1234: and be done soon
wrestle1234: won't have to worry what you think
lennis raises to $12
wrestle1234 raises to $30
THEOSU folds
fat lizard folds
hugebigtime calls $27
SLIPPERY E folds
lennis calls $18
*** FLOP *** [3c Ah 6s]
hugebigtime checks
lennis checks
wrestle1234 bets $70
hugebigtime folds
lennis raises to $204, and is all in
wrestle1234 calls $134
lennis shows [6d 6c]
wrestle1234 shows [Qd Ac]
wrestle1234: wow
*** TURN *** [3c Ah 6s] [Qc]
*** RIVER *** [3c Ah 6s Qc] [9d]
lennis shows three of a kind, Sixes
wrestle1234 shows two pair, Aces and Queens
wrestle1234: too much bs going on
lennis wins the pot ($501) with three of a kind, Sixes


This shortly after SLIPPERY E won a coinflip (prompting the talk at the start of the hand)...



wrestle1234: wow
wrestle1234: too much bs going on
SLIPPERY E: to bad
wrestle1234: hititng two outers
lennis: i was ahead of you teh whole way
SLIPPERY E: all you do is cry
SLIPPERY E: We should start calling you Phil
wrestle1234: 1% preflop maybe?
wrestle1234: site setting up some big hands
wrestle1234: so all ins go down
THEOSU: loooooooool
wrestle1234: OSU you have lost consistently since
your lucky draw earlier
wrestle1234: sssshhhh....
THEOSU: you haven't exactly been making a ton of
cash either
wrestle1234: nope
wrestle1234: i've been unlucky
THEOSU: yeah, getting it in drawing to runner runner
is damn unlucky
SLIPPERY E: lol
wrestle1234: i haven't drawn to runner runner
THEOSU: erm. ok
wrestle1234: name the hand?
THEOSU: what, four hands ago?
SLIPPERY E: didn't you just lose to a set
wrestle1234: yeah i lost to a set
lennis: that is not runner tunner
wrestle1234: i haven't caught a runner runner yet
THEOSU: no no, you didn't catch it. you were
drawing to it thoguh
wrestle1234: no
wrestle1234: name the hand
THEOSU: when you have AQ against 66 and the flop
is A6x, you are drawing to running cards to win the
hand
THEOSU: i don't see how this is so tough to explain
wrestle1234: lol
wrestle1234: yep, i knew he had 66 too
wrestle1234: he caught a two outer to be in that hand
THEOSU: he was ahead of you!
SLIPPERY E: we thought you new everything
THEOSU: holy jeebus
wrestle1234: 1%
lennis: no you caught a 6 outer to call
wrestle1234: he doesn't catch he has to leave
THEOSU: you act like he caught a two outer on the
river!
wrestle1234: no
wrestle1234: didn't say that
THEOSU: wrestle1234: he caught a two outer to be
in that hand
lennis: if no a or q on teh flop you fold to my bet
lennis: hence you caugth a 6 outer
wrestle1234: i recover
wrestle1234: no biggy
THEOSU: oh, this is making my head hurt
wrestle1234: 6 is better than 2
wrestle1234: i just don't see the logic in calling a
reraise with a small pair
wrestle1234: you have to hit a 6 or you leave
THEOSU: i dunno, because you're a donkey and will
pay him off?
wrestle1234: yep
lennis: i put you on ak, none of those on the flop and
i play you
wrestle1234: donkey's playing top pair for only 150
more

2 Comments:

At 20:03, Blogger Unknown said...

ROFLOL!!! Are they speaking the same language?!

I almost jumped in on a conversation about odds & outs, the other day. They were fighting over who was right. You know... blah, blah, blah. LOL The funny thing is, they were all wrong!! I almost spoke up, but figured I'd rather them stay off their rockers.

Oh, something I tried last night. This player started to bug me & my brother (BBP table - LOL I know, I get what I pay for. :P). So, I decided to target him - verbally & at the game.

LOL I had way too much fun! "Come dance with me! You know you want to." "Not for all my chips, unless I have an A." "Oh!! Good to know!!" "I had a pair of 9s." "Oh, you shoulda called. You had me beat." (I had been holding AA from the BB, with several limpers, a raise, and a re-raise before me.) It wasn't long, before this guy was punted. ;)

 
At 20:54, Blogger jason said...

Yeah, every so often I try to mix it up verbally. I especially do it when it seems that getting involved will put someone on tilt or have someone come "after me", which normally I adore. I love people coming after me. It usually ends happily for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home