Sunday, January 08, 2006

Poker Impotence.

I said some time ago that there was no worse feeling than poker impotence. Where you just can't do anything because of the situation.

In the stars 500k and FT 200k today I was stone cold card deaded. 75 minutes at stars, 5 tables of play. No pairs above 99. Had big slick once and no other twenty ones. I lasted those 75 minutes by folding folding folding, then winning a coinflip. I pushed top pair inside straight draw against top two. It didn't work out.

The FT 200k was a bit better. I managed to get up to 5700 despite having QQ once and nothing else above 99 for two hours. I was at 5 tables there, too. AK once, AJ and AT once each, and a whole lot of J8 (six of them!). I was making chips but eventually I was going to need some service. That never came. The end came when I was on the SB with K8o with 8BB and pushed the slightly smaller BB in. Despite the fact that I'd played two hands in the 4 orbits at the table, he called all his chips off with A3o. And made treys full. Then I called all in with 77 against AJ and AK - A on flop, J on river. Worst hand takes it. Best hand ends up dead last.

Also, it's been at least 42 pocket pairs that have gone setless on the flop. I haven't gone back in pokertracker to find excatly when my last one was.

Oh well. I played very well to get chips, to get myself into positions where I just needed a little bit of service to have a chance - and I couldn't get that service. Poker impotence, there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home