Friday, January 06, 2006

Agitated at self.

So I was up quite a bit this evening on the 3/6 table, but then I just gave most of it away. I lost a sizable pot with KK to AJ, but I was fine for a while after that. I just lost concentration for a couple of hands, and gave about $150 on consecutive hands because I was spacing out. There's really no other description I can give. It's the first time that had happened to me in a while. On the bright side, I stopped it by getting up (unfortunately, I couldn't stop it before it happened or after the first hand), and kept a profit for the evening.

In a questionable decision, I sat back down not long ago. The purpose was not to make back all that I had given away. Rather, the purpose was to just not go to bed on such a sour note. Kinda like when you have a fight with your significant other - you don't want to go to bed mad. I didn't want to go to bed frustrated. I played solidly, and had someone donk their medium sized stack to me, which was nice.

While I'm upset that I made the errors I did, I think I can sense the warning signs of them, so hopefully I'll be able to nip the donkeyness in the bud next time. If not, I at least showed that I have the discipline to stand up instead of dropping more on the table.

Failure is not the making of the mistake. Failure is making the mistake and not learning from it. Obviously I made the mistake, but I have taken the steps to learn from it and ensure it does not occur again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home