Wednesday, October 11, 2006

the old trifecta!

In limit play a 'trifecta' is when you check/raise a player on the flop, on the turn and on the river - and get action on all three streets. I don't think this is a PURE trifecta, since he 3 bet twice, but I don't care, I'm taking credit for it.



Full Tilt Poker Game #1091967406: Table PDX (speed, 6 max) - $5/$10 - Limit Hold'em - 22:15:04 ET - 2006/10/11
Seat 1: lamone4 ($123)
Seat 4: THEOSU ($253)
Seat 6: DMongooseY ($712)
THEOSU posts the small blind of $2.50
DMongooseY posts the big blind of $5
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to THEOSU [6c 5s]
lamone4 folds
THEOSU calls $2.50
DMongooseY raises to $10
THEOSU calls $5
*** FLOP *** [6s 9h 5c]
THEOSU checks
DMongooseY bets $5
THEOSU raises to $10
DMongooseY raises to $15
THEOSU calls $5
*** TURN *** [6s 9h 5c] [Ks]
THEOSU checks
DMongooseY bets $10
THEOSU raises to $20
DMongooseY raises to $30
THEOSU calls $10
*** RIVER *** [6s 9h 5c Ks] [7d]
THEOSU checks
DMongooseY bets $10
THEOSU raises to $20
DMongooseY calls $10
*** SHOW DOWN ***
THEOSU shows [6c 5s] (two pair, Sixes and Fives)
DMongooseY mucks
THEOSU wins the pot ($149) with two pair, Sixes and Fives
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $150 Rake $1
Board: [6s 9h 5c Ks 7d]
Seat 1: lamone4 (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: THEOSU (small blind) showed [6c 5s] and won ($149) with two pair, Sixes and Fives
Seat 6: DMongooseY (big blind) mucked [Ac Kd] - a pair of Kings

In other news: I'm still not a father

In other other news: I've learned that a particular avid reader of my blog was, in fact, born on a Wednesday the 13th. I'm not worried that my son will be born on Friday the 13th, as a matter of fact I hadn't even thought about it until this particular avid reader mentioned it after my last post. I then mentioned it to my father, who must have thought I was a bit worried about it.

In other other other news: for the second Wednesday in a row, we spent a significant portion of the evening without power. No giant hailstones today, but another rather nasty storm rolled through, and cut our power for a few hours. A few tornados touched down around Central Ohio, and Debbie saw something that appeared to be a funnel cloud as I came home.

2 Comments:

At 23:44, Blogger Unknown said...

LOL Gotta love those players, and love it even more when your hand holds up! :D

 
At 07:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the full moon has already passed this month so you don't have to be concerned about that. I'd think about the pressure might have to do with whether baby comes or stays. I don't know whether they've done studies on that or not. But I'm pushing for tomorrow even though I was born on a Wednesday I've had lots of birthdays on Friday the 13th and they are always fun and different and most people will remember your birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home