Friday, August 04, 2006

day 3 was brisk and money free

About 1150 players began the day, 873 spots paid out. It is not in my nature to fold into the money, nor is it what I set out to do. I planned on just steadily accumulating chips all day long.

The first hour was the last hour of the 600/1200 chip level. During this time I had gotten my stack to a bit over 100k by playing strong, aggressive poker. The last hand of this level, I was on the BB with Ac7d. The SB, a big stack who began the day at 180k and had increased that to over 225k, raised to 3600. I called. The flop came KT3 all clubs. He led for 6200 and I called. The turn was the 8h. He again led, this time for 18k. I had two choices on the turn, and for some reason I got the vibe from him that he wasn't holding that strong of a hand so I went for the option of pushing all my chips in the pot over the option of folding. It was a raise of 78k more. It took him under a minute to call with the Kh3s. I did not hit a club on the river.

I have no regrets over either this play or how I played in general (except for the 2 hands on day 1). Obviously I'm disappointed in how it ended, and wish it hadn't had been that way, but what are you going to do?

2 Comments:

At 19:34, Blogger Unknown said...

Still... what an awesome feeling to see how close you were. I can't wait to see where this next year takes you, Jason. What an exciting ride!

 
At 20:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! I'm so sorry Jason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home