Friday, October 14, 2005

Flags Fly Forever

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 1942 GGSL Champions: The Moscow Red Devils! It took a 15 inning game, just narrowly hanging on after a tense late inning comeback by the As, but game 5 was a relative breeze as the pitching, my strength, held on. It was my strategy all year: good pitching, strong relief, and lumbering white guys walking, doubling and homering just enough to win games. It worked in the playoffs.

So, time to get cracking on the dynasty.


Oh, and I actually WON a SnG today. It was crazy: In the entire SnG I had four all ins (mine or someone elses) on or before the turn. On all four I was at least 75% to win, over 80% on three of them. I won all four. Yes, good cards (AA v. JJ). Yes, good flops (AJ v. QQ on KQT). But I think I played very well and maximized my equity in certain situations. After consistently betting hands and checking losers, I changed gears at just the right time to get someone to take 3 stabs at the pot with no hand, merely betting because I didn't.

It's scary that I'm so happy that I won a Sit n Go, but that's how bad things have been lately. It's scary that I'm so happy that 4 big favorites held, but that's how bad things have been lately. I didn't have to tempt fate by trying to come from behind - that still won't happen for some time, I'm sure. But, I won. I'm happy. Now, to get back to the time when I owned these things...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home