Monday, May 09, 2005

Back in the saddle

After the debacle last night, the best thing to do is to get back and play. I did tonight, I won a seat into the Bugsy's WSOP Satellite with a massive suckout. I'd been making quite a few laydowns against the player against whom I would ultimately go heads up - top pair a couple of times, low straight with a flush and a "perfect card" higher straight on board. Ultimately I decided to snap him off with a top pair hand, and he had a set. I caught runner runner for a straight, and took the seat.

Ah, good things happen to good people.

I did feel bad about it, surely he didn't have the hand all of the times I laid down, and I felt downright Hellmuthian. I may have gone for a nice whingy walk afterwards had I not drawn out. Of course, on the other hand, Annie DID have the hands, at least on all of the televised ones. So maybe I made correct laydown after correct laydown. Signs point to no, however. That just means that he played me like a damn fiddle and deserved the win. I got blatantly lucky. I'll take it.

Gonna have to win one of these. Because I've almost promised myself I'm gonna get there. If I'm not, the disappointment's gonna be a bitch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home