Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The break did good...

... for nothing. Card dead at the 16k this evening after returning from Cleveland. QQ > AT in the first hour, then I took a flop on the button with 67s, pushed the 7 high, two diamond flop against 88, turned my flush. Won a lot of chips by getting folds, working my way into the top 10. And then things went horribly awry. QQ < AJd, decided to smooth call a raise with kings (I had reraised this player earlier and showed the kings) and an ace flopped, then QQ < AJd (again!). I then button pushed for 7 BB with Q6o, ran into AK. Board came J86J8, and my three pair was no goot.

Just frustrating. GAH.

I made chips with no cards, mostly by earning folds. Give me cards, and I lose (as a healthy favorite, granted). Yes, I know that because of a) I was able to survive several b)s, but I could not survive all of the b)s that happened. I also know that had any/all of the b)s gone my way, because of the a)s, I would have put myself in sensational position to win. That's not much solace when I'm typing this up on the rail, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home